Join our team!
SENIOR DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
The Cerritos College Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization devoted to raising financial support for Cerritos College, a community college in southeastern Los Angeles County with an annual enrollment of approximately 22,000 students. The Foundation provides vital support for student scholarships and college programs, services, and facility needs. The Foundation has grown rapidly over the past two years; current total assets are approximately $10 million.
About the Position
The Cerritos College Foundation Senior Development Officer is responsible for cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individuals, corporations, foundations and other organizations, with a primary emphasis on five- to seven-figure gifts. The Senior Development Officer reports to the Foundation Executive Director and is a full-time, campus-based position with frequent local travel (position is temporarily partly remote in accordance with the College’s current COVID-19 guidelines).
1) Cultivate individual prospects, develop solicitation strategies and personally solicit annual, endowed, and planned gifts, with a primary focus on five- to seven-figure contributions.
2) Develop strategies to build relationships with, and personally solicit gifts and sponsorships from, area businesses, corporations, foundations, and other organizations.
3) Expand and diversify the Foundation’s donor base/pipeline and work closely with other team members to secure funding for new and ongoing initiatives.
4) Create high-quality proposals, case statements, gift agreements and various donor communications.
5) Host campus visits and lead tours to showcase programs, services, and funding opportunities to prospective supporters.
6) Create and execute fundraising, cultivation and stewardship events.
7) Collaborate with the Foundation Executive Director and the entire Foundation team to create and execute fundraising campaigns.
8) Conduct thorough research to identify major gift prospects and develop targeted cultivation and solicitation strategies.
9) Represent the Foundation at various meetings and events and make formal or informal presentations as requested.
10) Work collaboratively with faculty, administrators, staff, board members and others to create fundraising strategies that prioritize student and program needs.
11) Administer donor acknowledgments and gift receipts. Maintain records of communications in donor database.
13) Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
The position requires a minimum of a bachelor's degree in a related field, and at least three years of demonstrated success in a development role building relationships with multiple donor sources and securing major gifts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1) Passionate about supporting student success with a clear understanding of the community college mission.
2) Demonstrated track record of solid fundraising results, and success soliciting and closing major gifts.
3) Knowledge of best practices for major gift solicitation, annual fund programs, stewardship, volunteer management and external relations.
4) Strong analytical skills and experience in prospect research methods and techniques.
5) Ability to engage a wide range of donors and build long‐term relationships.
6) Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including experience creating compelling, effective proposals and fundraising collateral.
7- High level of technical skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe software, project management systems, and related software.
8) Proficiency in use of donor database systems.
9) Seasoned, personable professional with strong organizational and time management skills and exceptional attention to detail.
10) Demonstrated experience planning successful fundraising events.
11) Ability to collaborate with colleagues across multiple areas as both a leader and a successful team member.
12) Understanding of and sensitivity to meeting the needs of a diverse student, community, and employee population.
13) Must be willing to travel and work evenings and weekend hours as needed. Valid California driver's license required.
Salary and Benefits
Salary Range: $100,000 to $115,000 annually. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Life Insurance and (optional) Vision plan, plus sick leave, vacation, and paid holidays.
Please send your resume and cover letter to ude.s1632638747otirr1632638747ec@no1632638747itadn1632638747uof1632638747
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
No person shall be discriminated against in any employment procedure on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.