Get the help you need
Cerritos College Emergency Aid
Emergency aid funds assist students in meeting financial needs as a result of an unexpected event or emergency. The purpose of this program is to assist students in staying enrolled in college and progressing toward graduation. Funds are limited, and we recognize that there may be more applicants than funding allows. We encourage students to explore additional resources available to them throughout the Falcon Basic Needs web pages. Funds are limited. Due to the high volume of requests, it may take 7 to 10 business days from the date submitted for a status update.
Emergency Aid Facts
- Students may receive emergency financial assistance of up to $500. This is a lifetime maximum per student.
- Emergency Aid requests may be denied, partially funded, or fully funded (max $500).
- Applicants MUST submit supporting documentation, examples are a copy of a specific bill, a repair quote, rental notice or lease, etc.
- The need for the funds are expected to exceed available funds, and applicants will be notified within 7 to 10 business days of their status, and/or request for additional information or supporting documentation. We understand your need is urgent, and will contact applicants sooner if possible.
- The College is actively working on alternative means to help students meet their critical food needs, please do not use this form for resources related to food insecurity. Refer to the Falcon Basic Needs Website for additional resources and information.
Examples of unexpected emergencies include:
- Housing - rent, hotel, eviction, deposit for new place, repairs
- Utilities - gas, phone, electric, water/trash
- Automotive repairs
- Supplies for learning - books, academic supplies, lab fees, internet, computers
- Debts - over-payments from dropping classes, defaulted loans, overdue tuition debts
- DACA Renewal Fees
- Medical/dental/vision expenses
Eligibility Criteria - Applicants must meet all of the following:
- Currently enrolled in at least 6 units at Cerritos College
- Has completed a FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application (if eligible to), and has unmet need. Those not eligible for FAFSA (i.e. undocu and international students) can still submit this Emergency Aid request.
- Has at least one prior semester at the College
- Has a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Is in good disciplinary standing at the College (not on probation or suspension)
- Provides specific supporting documentation to their request.
Laptop Loan Facts & Criteria
- Students must have at least a 1.0 cumulative GPA.
- Students must be currently enrolled in a course at Cerritos College.
- No additional documentation is required to submit request.
- Students will be sent an agreement form, which is required to pick up laptop.
Emergency Aid Request Form
Be prepared to answer the following questions on the form, in order to describe your need. To expedite review of your request, be sure to answer the questions fully and attach specific supporting documentation:
- Describe the specific unexpected financial emergency that has arisen.
- State in specific detail what exact expense you are seeking aid to cover. Supporting documentation must be attached to this form for the expense you describe.
- If applicable, please include specific deadlines or timelines.